Congratulations to our new School Captain and recipient of the 2017 Auburn ‘Review’ Citizenship Award held at Dooley’s Lidcombe recently.
This Award is given to a student who stands out for their contribution either academically, in the sporting arena or in their community. We are proud of Tylah who has represented us so well in all of these categories!
Tylah is a gifted and talented student who is well respected amongst students and teachers.
Her achievements include:
- School Captain (Present)
- School Prefect (Years 10 and 11)
- Top Performing Student for Community Services Child Studies TAFE Course. (2017)
- Christian Leadership Award (2016)
- 1st place – Shotput & Discus (2016 & 2017)
- Chapel (2015, 2016 & 2017)
- Creative and Performing Arts Award (2016)
- Solomon Islands Mission Trip (2016)
- 1st Place – Physical Activity and Sports Studies (2015)
- Year 7 Camp Leader (2017)
- Outstanding Application (2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016)
- Basketball, Oz Tag and Touch sports Teams.
- PNG Mission Trip (2015)
- Volunteering at Sports Tournaments in and for Canterbury Bankstown Council (Midnight Basketball, Twilight Soccer and Twilight Sports Volunteer)
- 2 Principal Awards and 1 Principal Credit Award.
- Kids Church Leader
- Church Youth Band (Electric Guitar, Bass, Acoustic Guitar, Vocals)
I’m sure you can agree but the school is a richer place by having Tylah with us and as our School Captain. Congratulations again Tylah, this is a very well deserved award. May God continue to bless, strengthen and guide you over the next year as you complete your HSC.
If you are interested in seeing what the Auburn Review wrote about Tylah click the logo below and it will take you through to the paper.